Who We Are
Epochtimes (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gathers and processes your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Epochtimes’s registered office is at 229 West 28th Street, 6th FL, New York, NY10001, USA. We can be contacted by email: email@example.com.
Information That We Collect
Epochtimes processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from is:
- Email (only applicable to our newsletter service and online subscription)
- IP address
- browser type, device type
- operating system
- user activity/behaviors on our websites and
We collect information in the below ways:
- Online form
- Different Cookies
- other sources.
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Epochtimes takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclosure or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- we collect information about your use of our websites and Apps, in order to improve the contents of the websites and Apps, make them more suitable to your needs and increase their usability
- to make your navigation more pleasant and personalized, with our products (such as contents) and services personalized to you
- to facilitate your experience and social sharing
- to analyze and develop our new products and services for the interest of users
- In specific cases we will be contractually obligated to share your data with one of our trusted third party service partners explained below. In these instances, we will make it clear that the data you share will be transferred to the third party. You will always have the option to not have your data shared by not taking part in that specific program.
You have the right to access any personal information that Epochtimes processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Please bear in mind that if you exercise such rights, this may affect our ability to provide our products and services.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We share your personal data with the following categories:
- we use limited services from trusted third-party service providers, such as Google and Facebook, to analyze how users use our websites and Apps, track user interests, trends and patterns in order to provide you with personalized suitable contents to meet your interest from our websites and Apps.
- we use limited third-party advertising companies, to serve users with some of the advertisements that appear on our websites and Apps, in order to provide personalized ads at your interest when experiencing our websites and Apps.
International transfers of personal information
Our service providers such as Google and Facebook are U.S. companies. They comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Principles (the “Privacy Shield Principles”) with respect to the collection, use and transfer of personal data between the European Economic Area and the U.S. This ensures international transfer of personal data between EEA countries and US in full compliance with GDPR, at a high level of the protection of personal data, in case such international transfer takes place.
Epochtimes takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have certain qualified security measures in place.
Encryption is our security strategy to ensure the stored personal data can be accessed only by the authorized roles and services with audited access to the encryption keys.
Personal data is encrypted and stored in a private and isolated environment for extended security.
We store all personal data we collect from EU countries in Epochtimes EU Data Center, physically located inside EU, where our processing those data takes place as well.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Epochtimes, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services/deliver products, we will not be able to offer some/all of our products or services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Epochtimes retains your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, to provide you with our services as our users on websites and Apps.
Individuals under 16
Epochtimes does not intentionally and knowingly process personal information from individuals under the age of 16. Personal data of users under the age of 16 will be processed only if consent is given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over the child. We will make every reasonable effort to verify in such cases.
Lodging A Complaint
Epochtimes only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Address: 229 West 28th Street, 6th FL, New York, NY10001, USA.
Fax : +1-646-349-5995
Changes to our privacy notice
Epochtimes may change this notice from time to time. All changes will be posted and updated here. We will notify you directly by email (if we hold one for you) if any significant changes occur. We advise you to check back here frequently to review the most current version of this notice.
This statement was last updated on May 25, 2018.
If you have other questions, contact us by:
sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
writing to the following postal address:
229 West 28th Street, 6th FL, New York, NY10001, USA.